10 things you should know about AJ Products
Get to know us better with this quick guide to the history and values of AJ Products.
- Anders Johansson started the company in 1975 from his parents’ basement in Hyltebruk, Sweden. He was just 19 years old.
- When AJ Products first started, the product range was limited to materials handling equipment. Since then, the offering has grown and diversified to cover all aspects of workplace furniture and equipment.
- AJ Products now has over 800 employees and is represented in 19 countries across Europe.
- In April 2017, Anders Johansson, CEO and founder of AJ Products, was awarded the Swedish Royal Patriotic Society Business Medal for outstanding entrepreneurship by Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden. The award is presented to entrepreneurs to recognise their contribution to the Swedish business sector.
- AJ has always been known as "the happy company" and we have worked hard to incorporate that sense of fun and humour throughout our catalogues and website. To this end we have worked with many Swedish celebrities and entertainers. These collaborations have proved to be very popular with our customers and staff!
- AJ Products is an official sponsor of the IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship. Our logo first appeared on the ice machine at the 1989 championships and since then we have continued to feature on referees’ jerseys and at sports arenas around the world.
- We manufacture a large part of our product range ourselves in our two European factories. AJ Furniture Factory in Poland produces our wooden furniture including the office furniture ranges and canteen furniture. AJ Metal Design in Slovakia manufactures our metal products from shelving and pallet racking to cabinets and lockers. This allows us to create the products that our customers want and need.
- We always think about the environment when we create new products and place high demands on our suppliers to stay at the forefront of environmental consciousness. AJ Products’ ISO certifications demonstrate our commitment both to the quality our customers have come to expect and our planet. AJ Produkter AB is certified to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- AJ Products was the first supplier on the market to develop a range of furniture carrying the Nordic Swan Ecolabel specifically designed for schools and preschools. AJ chose the Swan Ecolabel because it sets the strictest requirements. The entire production chain from forest to finished product and end-of-life recycling is carefully controlled to ensure the products are environmentally conscious.
- AJ Products is committed to making workplaces happier and healthier places to be. Everything we do, we do with a passion to deliver the best solution for each workplace. We want you to love your workplace!