How we optimised Airshoppen's new warehouse
The airshop is part of the Nordic Leisure Travel Group and has the task of packing and distributing pre-ordered duty-free goods to the group's air travelers around the world. For this purpose, the company stocks approximately 1,200 products from leading brands in skin care, perfumes, jewelry, sunglasses, sweets and alcohol.
When the company decided in 2019 to move its central warehouse to a new logistics facility in Landskrona, they turned to us at AJ Produkter with a clear mission: To maximize warehouse capacity based on the premises' conditions and ensure that all desired furnishings arrived on time.
The customer's wish list was long
Rickard Larsson, project salesman at AJ Products with a focus on warehousing solutions, led the work of developing a complete solution based on the customer's wishes. In addition to a space-saving layout and high-quality furnishings, good ergonomics, efficient picking routines and a high level of safety were also on the requirements specification.
- This was an assignment that suited us very well, says Rickard. With our wide range of warehouses and our long experience of large logistics projects, we were able to quickly present an attractive proposal, which met both current and future needs.
When Airshoppen's management said YES to our proposal, we proceeded to handle all practical
All points were ticked off
Armin Seceragic, project engineer at AJ Produkter, was first responsible for all technical calculations and drawings. After that, he worked as a project manager until the customer moved in.
- We solved everything from optimizing the floor plan to manufacturing, delivering and finally assembling all pallet racks and packing tables on site, says Armin. There were daily conversations with the customer and the construction contractor, and many additional orders that we solved gradually, including complementary office furnishings. A fun project!
And it can be added that every detail, small and large, came into place at the appointed time
We delivered a complete solution
Our overall commitment included everything from interior design sketches to project management and inspection. In addition, we delivered and assembled products as follows:
• Ultimate pallet rack with a total of 4,300 pallet spaces that were marked individually,
• Approximately 1000 picking places in flow racks-type roller conveyors integrated in the pallet rack for the most high-frequency goods,
• All picking places have long-handled pallets for a more ergonomic picking,
• Safety solutions with race protection, pallet stop, post protection, end protection and rear edge stop.
• Complementary warehouse furnishings such as packing tables and pick-up trolleys as well as office furniture.
A good result for the future
The move-in took place completely according to plan during the second quarter of 2020. This means that the Airshop is now well equipped for the future. At their disposal, they have an equally efficient and secure warehouse with the capacity to pack approximately 2,500,000 goods and thus be able to serve 1 million guests per year. For many years to come.